Updated March 1, 2014
- We only collect basic, non-personal technical information, such as browser type, from those who visit the Site but who do not register ("Visitors").
- We use a limited number of select service providers to perform work on our behalf. They are permitted to use data only for the purpose of providing their services or at an aggregate level.
- We automatically add you to our email list for periodic announcements. You may opt-out and unsubscribe at any time using the "unsubscribe" links in our emails.
- We never sell your personal information.
- We won't use your data to market things to you from our partners unless you choose to allow it (and we don't even have an option for you to allow it today).
- While we do automatically collect technical information about how Visitors and Users interact with Test My Pitch, we don't automatically collect personal information without your permission.
- Other than our trusted service providers (which does include Facebook's "like" button), we don't allow others to track you or put third party cookies on your computer while you're at Test My Pitch without your permission.
- We don't track your activity across the Internet, although we do receive and keep information about how you got to Test My Pitch.
- Although we carefully select the websites we link to, Test My Pitch is not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of third party sites.
Your Privacy Matters
Test My Pitch is committed to protecting the privacy of young children, and therefore does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Site or Service from persons under 13 years of age, except in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"). By providing any personal information to Test My Pitch or otherwise using the Service, all Visitors and Users, including without limitation individuals in the European Union, must acknowledge and hereby unambiguously consent to the transfer to, collection and processing of such information in the United States. You may not use the Service if you do not agree to such transfer to, collection, and processing of your personal information in the United States.
What is "personal information" and "non-personal information"?
"Personal information" identifies a Visitor or User or otherwise contains personally identifiable information provided by or obtained from Test My Pitch's Visitors or Users. "Non-personal information" does not, by itself, identify the Visitor or User as a specific individual. Rather, non-personal information provides technical data, such as an IP address and browser information that may provide information about your computer or your interaction with Test My Pitch.
What information does Test My Pitch collect from Visitors to Test My Pitch?
Test My Pitch only collects non-personal information from Visitors to the Site or mobile Site. Therefore, Visitors may access both while remaining generally anonymous to Test My Pitch.
What information does Test My Pitch collect from Registered Users?
To register to use some parts of the Service, you must provide a full name and email address. To purchase service, we require your credit card information unless we've agreed in writing to other means of payment. Test My Pitch only collects this personal information if a Visitor chooses to register with the Service to become a Registered User. We may collect information related to how you logged in (e.g., whether through a mobile app or a browser) so we can alert you to new features about the Service.
Test My Pitch may use your registration information to contact you to: deliver the Service and improve our Site, Service, features and content, and provide customer service; administer and enable your use, enjoyment and navigation of our Site, Service, and mobile Site; better understand your needs and interests; fulfill requests you make; and personalize your experience. However, we will never use your data to have third party things marketed to you unless we decide to offer this option, and you choose to enable it.
How does Test My Pitch collect information from Visitors or Users?
Test My Pitch may collect non-personal information during your visit to the Site or mobile Site through our automatic data collection tools, which may include the use of "cookies" and other commonly used technologies.
Who can see my Pitches?
Paid users control who sees the pitches that they post. Free users have none of these controls. If users share their pitches publically their posts are indexed by search engines, and searchable by other Test My Pitch users. Pitches that are shared privately on the site are not indexed and are not searchable.
Even if you have enabled the privacy setting to prevent indexing, every pitch on our system is assigned a permanent, private, obscure link. This is called a "permalink". If you share the permalink with others, they will be able to see your pitch and a limited subset of data about the responses. If you share your pitch link, you do so at your own risk. We cannot control what some else does with a link you share or with the information contained on the link page.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data stored by a user's browser that contains session information to identify you for access purposes as you navigate Test My Pitch. Cookies are required to use our service.
Does Test My Pitch create user profiles of everyone who visits the Site?
What other parties can see me on Test My Pitch?
As explained above, Test My Pitch uses a select number of service providers to help facilitate our Service. We may employ independent companies or other third parties and individuals to help us provide, facilitate or improve our Service (such as customer service support). They are permitted to use data only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf or at an aggregate level. Notable third party services you should be aware of include Facebook and their "like" button, and web analytics providers like Google Analytics.
Some features may expose your presence on the service. For example, if you are interacting with a pitch from another user, they can see and post your responses. They can also associate your responses with your Name.
Is there an age restriction for joining Test My Pitch?
Test My Pitch is committed to protecting the privacy of young children, and therefore does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Site or Service from persons under 13 years of age, except in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ('COPPA'). Accordingly, children under the age of 13 may only use the Site or the Service with the permission and supervision of their parents. Additionally, teachers and schools seeking to use the Site or Service in the classroom with children under 13 years of age are required to obtain the express consent of such children's parents in compliance with COPPA, prior to permitting such children to access or use the Site or Service.
Can I invite others to join Test My Pitch?
Yes. If you'd like to do that, we will ask you for the individual's email address for the sole purpose of inviting them to the Service. They are not added to our email mailing list unless they register. All marketing communications from Test My Pitch contain a link allowing you to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
Who controls third party access to my data?
You do. We will never sell your data and only grant access to it to third parties with your explicit request that we do so. And we won't otherwise grant any third party access to your data, except for a limited number of select service providers performing work on our behalf, and under the limited exceptions described below in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
When might Test My Pitch have to disclose my personal information?
Other than sharing with our select service providers as explained above, we will only disclose personal information in the following limited circumstances relating to abuse or misuse of the Service, or legal process.
- If Test My Pitch believes in good faith that you have misused or abused the Service, or attempted to interfere with or harm our Service, we will investigate and cooperate with appropriate law enforcement, including, if necessary or appropriate, by disclosing your name, registration data or IP address and any other relevant information, to protect our rights or property, or those of our Visitors, Users, corporate partners, and others. We will cooperate fully with any legal process or criminal investigation into the misuse or abuse of our Services. As noted above, the servers used in the operation of the Site and Service automatically identify a computer by its IP address.
- We may share your personal information as required or permitted by law to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or governmental request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is legally required or otherwise necessary to protect our rights and property, or the rights, property or safety of our Visitors, Users or others.
Where your personal information has been requested by any governmental entity or other third party pursuant to subpoena or similar legal process, we will notify you as quickly as practicable before providing any such information, unless we are legally prohibited from doing so or we believe in good faith that disclosure is or may be necessary to protect life, avoid serious physical injury or property loss or damage, or to prevent or investigate an ongoing crime.
What practices does Test My Pitch follow to secure my information?
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow standard industry practices to protect Users' personal information, both during transmission and once we receive it.
We also constantly track new threats and industry practices to ensure our security practices are current so we can endeavor to protect your privacy in connection with use of the Service. Nevertheless, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If we discover a security incident that compromises your personal information, we will let you know about it, in accordance with applicable law.
What about the practices of other websites linked to the Site or Service?
Where can I send questions, comments or suggestions about Test My Pitch's privacy practices?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at:
Test My Pitch, LLC.
Attn: Legal Department
45 West Hills Road
Ivoryton, CT 06442
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION TO US VIA UNENCRYPTED EMAIL.
Also, please note that we will need to verify and authenticate any emailed requests for access or changes to your personal or account information.